”The respective transfer during the tour will enable to present the finest bike routes and most beautiful cities between Vienna and Budapest. For this bike tour you don't need to be sporting ace. With us, you will cycle through the nature reserve along the Danube and the steppe zone of the Lake Neusiedl. This is our 1st cycle tour in two completely different landscapes.
Killing two birds with one stone!
Duration: 6 days / 5 nights
Cycling Distance: approx. 258 km / 161 miles, from it 48-56 km / 30-35 miles/day
(Daily 5 - 6 hours cycle - by moderated speed)
Level of difficulty: Scenic route over completely flat terrain. Calmly roads, mostly with wholly low traffic, sometime between little villages, several times excellent cycle path network. A normal bodily condition, a little perseverance and camaraderie are entirely sufficient. (Level 1 - easy)
Level of support: 1st class service of 2 experienced & kind leaders: one cycling with you, and one driving the support bus/van to transport all the luggage. Continuous technical support and special trailer to transport every bicycle and spare bikes. The leaders on the way are always reachable by mobile phone. English speaking guiding during cycling and the programs of the whole tour.
Start City: Vienna (Austria)
End City: Vienna or Budapest to your choice
Prices & Details: see you below
Tour code: Bike Tour No. 18.
1. Day - IMPERIAL TOWN VIENNA. - Arrival to the Hotel of Vienna in your organisation. Accommodation in the hotel of Vienna. at our contractual hotel in Vienna.
2. Day - DANUBE-AUEN NATIONAL PARK - After breakfast the tour guide will welcome you at 8:45 a.m. in the hotel. (Meeting point: hotel reception) Route briefing. The bikes will be adjusted and tried out here - the cycling adventure is finally ready to start. There is a beautiful stage ahead on the Hubertus-embankment along the Danube (nature reserve!). We cross Bad Deutsch Altenburg and Petronell-Carnuntum. In the afternoon, transfer to your hotel in the area of Komárom / Budapest. /Hotel for 4 nights, nearby is a superb thermal-spa/
(Stage approx. 56 km / 35 miles cycling)
3. Day - 4-RIVER CITY Györ (Raab). - We start in the ancient fortress city Mosonmagyarovar, situated at the Hungary's western gate. We bike through small typical villages using the dam cycle path and country roads before we arrive at Györ. The medieval town centre is located on the confluence of Rivers Raab and Mosoni-Danube. The "Danube & AUDI-city" Györ, famous for its picturesque baroque downtown.
(Stage approx. 48 km / 30 miles cycling)
4. Day - BASILICA OF ESZTERGOM ("GRAN at the DANUBE"). - Today we cycle to the old coronation city Esztergom, head domicile of the Hungarian Catholic Church and world famous for its imposing cathedral. The dome stands proudly above the Danube. From here you can take a breath-taking view of the beautiful Danube valley in Hungary.
(Stage approx. 52 km / 32 miles cycling)
5. Day - BUDAPEST - "THE QUEEN OF THE DANUBE". - Steep mountain-slopes frame the picturesque landscape of the Danube Bend. Cycling on the most beautiful Danube Cycle Route Hungary's nearby of Visegrad with panoramic view to the Citadel (Earlier royal residence and summer house). We cross repeatedly the Danube by ferry and arrive at the "town of artists", Szentendre. Then follows Budapest, the "Pearl of the Danube". We visit the historic Castle, located at the Fishermen's Bastion and Matthias Church. Panoramic view on the Hungarian capital from the Gellert Hill (Part of World Heritage)
(Stage approx. 54 km / 34 miles cycling)
6. Day - NATURE'S PARADISE LAKE NEUSIEDL, THEN VIENNA. - Today we breathe Austrian air again. Bicycle ride through quaint villages with their typical atmosphere and old pilgrimage site. Stork's nests adorn the roofs. We cycle through the wild romantic steppe area of the protected landscape "Lakes-Corner" (diversity of fauna and flora). Directly on the lake lies Podersdorf with its lighthouse. Transfer from Neusiedl am See to Vienna (to the car park at 'Rail-Station-West' in the centre, at about 5:30 p.m. finish) where your eventful cycling holiday come to end.
(Stage approx. 48 km / 30 miles cycling)
Homeward journey or in the case of reservations of extra night/s, free transfer to our contractual hotel Vienna (-extension possible on your own cost-), or even on the whole way to Budapest. Additional nights in our contractual hotel Budapest on one's own cost to book also.
+ In case of reservations extra night/s at our contractual hotel in Vienna or in Budapest free direct transfer included to the hotel in the two capitals on Day 6 (advance reservation with us needed)
|Tour Price per person||EUR|
|In double room:||589,-|
|Single room supplement:||98,-|
|Bike rental (normal):||48,-|
Prices of additional nights (Extra nights) in our contractual Hotel in Budapest
Prices of additional nights (Extra nights) in our contractual Hotel in Vienna
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE (own organization):
- Your arrival and departure between Budapest and your home, before and after the tour.
- Travel insurance (accident and health) as well as your free European Health Insurance Card.